NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE
YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open and offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico), who are 18 years of age or older (except residents of Alabama and Nebraska who must be 19 years of age or older), and an employee (excluding independent contractors or substitute teachers) of an accredited kindergarten through grade 12 school with 100 students or more (excluding pre-schools and home schools) at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, officers and directors of Best Buy Stores, L.P. (“Sponsor”) and its parent entity, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, any companies who are performing work in Best Buy stores at Best Buy’s request, and Web masters and Web suppliers (and each of their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [children, spouse, parents, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside] and individuals residing in the same household of each, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on March 2, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. CT on July 4, 2015 (“Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Go to www.BestBuySweeps.com (“Web site”) during the Entry Period; follow the online instructions to review all descriptive information about the Sweepstakes; follow the instructions to enter; and confirm your agreement to the full Official Rules by clicking where indicated to receive one (1) online entry (“Entry”). LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, EXCLUDING BONUS ENTRIES. Please Note: You will be entering on behalf of your school (“School”), as indicated on your entry form. If your Entry is drawn as set forth in Rule 4, you will NOT receive any prize for your personal use. Your School will be deemed the actual winner (“Winner”) and awarded the prize.
BONUS ENTRIES: You may also receive one (1) bonus entry (“Bonus Entry”) per day during the Entry Period by including your Twitter handle on the online entry form and then (a) following @bestbuyedu and posting a Tweet to promote the Sweepstakes that includes the Twitter handle @bestbuyedu and the hashtag #BestBuyEducationEntry; or (b) Retweeting a Tweet posted by @bestbuyedu that includes the Twitter handle @bestbuyedu and the hashtag #BestBuyEducationEntry. Tweets and Retweets must conform to the following:
- Must be in English, except for commonly understood foreign words;
- Must contain @bestbuyedu and the hashtag #BestBuyEducationEntry;
- Must not exceed 140 characters;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator, or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Sweepstakes;
- Must not in any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Sponsor and its brands;
- Must be entirely the original work of Entrant and not contain images or artwork not created by the Entrant;
- Must not include personally identifiable information;
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status or age (as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
Entrant represents that his or her Entry and Bonus Entry(ies) conform to all Entry Requirements and acknowledges that Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify him or her from the Sweepstakes if Sponsor decides that his or her Entry or any Bonus Entry fails to conform to the Entry Requirements or any other provision of these Official Rules. Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the purposes of the Sweepstakes.
Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different e-mail accounts, Twitter accounts or any other methods will void all of that person’s Entries and that person will be disqualified. Any form of entry not stated in these Official Rules is void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- DRAWING:Potential prize Winners will be selected on or about July 13, 2015, from among all eligible entries received by the entry deadline. The Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the drawing, will conduct the drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Both the Entrant and School Principal of the winning Entry will be notified by an Administrator representative via email and overnight courier at the address and email address provided at time of entry on or about July 15, 2015. Please Note: The School will be deemed the actual Winner and awarded the prize. The employee who entered on behalf of the School will NOT receive any prize for his/her personal use. Limit one (1) prize per School.
- PRIZES/ODDS: Grand Prize (1): $25,000 worth of qualifying Best Buy products, services and support awarded in the form of a Best Buy for Business credit. An authorized representative of the winning School (to be designated by the School Principal) must order qualifying Best Buy products, services or support solely for use in the School through a Sponsor-designated Best Buy for Business representative only (not valid online or in store) by 5:00:00 p.m. CT on December 31, 2015. Any credit remaining after 5:00:00 p.m. CT on December 31, 2015, will be forfeited in its entirety. The credit cannot be used to purchase major appliances, small appliances or mobile phones, to pay off credit card balances, or to purchase gift cards. Products must be in stock and available for shipment (not valid for products on backorder). Winner will be solely responsible for any purchase amount which exceeds the $25,000 credit. Value: $25,000.00. First Prizes (2): $2,500 in Best Buy gift cards. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions available at www.bestbuy.com/gcterms. Value: $2,500.00. Second Prizes (5): A Microsoft SurfaceTM Pro 3 128 GB with keyboard. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000.00. Total Value/ARV of all prizes: $35,000.00. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prizes for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Electronic prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and/or terms and conditions. The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Prizes will not be fulfilled outside of the 50 United States or District of Columbia. Each Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, insurance, expenses not set forth herein and other expenses which may be required for the enjoyment and use of the respective prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer online systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Web site, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from the Web site. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select Winners for the drawing from all non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any Web site or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to ownership of a winning Entry, the owner of the e-mail address associated with the Entry will be deemed the Winner, subject to compliance with these Official Rules.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.BESTBUY.COM, OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant, winning School and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to conflicts of law. All suits or claims brought in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a state or federal court in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winners list, send an e-mail to email@example.com. Requests must be received by July 31, 2015. Official Rules will also be posted on https://www.BestBuySweeps.com/main/rules/Education.aspx during the Entry Period.
- SPONSOR: Best Buy Stores, L.P., 7601 Penn Avenue South, Richfield, Minnesota 55423.
ADMINISTRATOR: Gage Marketing Group, LLC, 10000 Highway 55, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55441.